Re: Speakers for announcements

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Speakers for announcements
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 21:05:41 -0000

Even if you go for KAT5 (As I have done also), you'll still need the
same kit - amp(s), speaker cable and speakers.

My speaker cable is not shielded - it runs through the floor (long
runs) and crosses mains in several places (a lot of extra mains
wiring for the X10 lighting - all runs to the loft to LD11's). I've
not had any noise problems - audio is very clear.

Are you living in a bunker by any chance ;)

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> Ha, in most of the rooms ceiling is concrete. Only the halway has
suspended
> ceiling through which I plan to put all the wires.
> So, it's not possible to mount them in the ceiling.
> These speakers will be mono, because I will use them for
anouncements only,
> so this is all a bit too expensive for me.
> If I decide to go for a home audio, I'll probably use KAT5.
> Is your speaker cable shielded, and does it cross any power lines?
> Does it pick any noise?
> Nik

Service.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or