RE: OT Firewall for those in the Dark Ages of NET Access

I was comparing the cost of a hardware router vs cheapo pc being used for
firewall purposes only.

Yes, in the specific case with only one PC (at present - you never know if
you'll want to add something else - xbox? tivo? or upgrade to broadband.  I
was offering a flexible solution)  then you don't need the extra box - but
there are strong arguments (put forward by some ppl here) that using a
firewall to do anything else but firewalling is just _asking_ for trouble
and you _will_ be invaded and used to break into government agencies.
Something like that anyway.

Tony.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/