External Ethernet???

Title: Message

Guys,

I want to wire my house for Ethernet, well at the moment I just want to have three Ethernet connections in my lounge to be connected to my study (upstairs) where my PCs and the Ethernet ADSL.  Unfortunately, I live in a new house so no mess is required by SWMBO, which means the neatest way of doing it would be to run a cable up into the loft, along, and then down the outside of the wall and the into the lounge.  The outside wall cannot be seen from the road so it wouldn’t bother me.

Are the £30 reels of cable (on the other thread) up to outside life? Any suggestions?

Also, can anybody recommend somebody to come and professionally install the cabling into my house in the Coventry area?  The walls are plasterboard stuck to the breeze blocks, I think the builders mentioned daubed?  And no, I couldn’t have done it before we moved in, because we didn’t buy it until it was built (Doh!)  I was thinking of creating a node 0 in the loft, and moving Tivo and Satelite box up there, but then I’d need to transmit the remote control, and put more wire in………………. and then get divorced!! !  Maybe better to find someone who will do it for me.

Or is there a wireless solution?  I’m using a Netgear ME102 connected to my switch for Wireless access from my ipaq and Fuji510.  Could I connect another Netgear in to a switch downstairs and use it as a bridge?  Anybody done this?  I heard I couldn’t use the as APs if I did this?

Cheers

Steve

PS God, I hope Dell will sell us the monitors cheap!