-----Original Message-----
From: psghome2002 [mailto:psghome@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 July 2002 19:53
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Dual Boot Hard Drive Switch

Why not use standard NT/W2K/XP multi-boot options? Yes, they do
share a few files on the boot drive but everything else can be on
separate drives/partitions. I've run multi O/S's like this for years
with no problems (on occasions 4-5 separate copies of W2K).

Am I missing the point of what you want to do (unless the OS is non-
Microsoft)?

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Marooth" <MMarooth@s...> wrote:

> I have used GRUB to Boot between 3 hard disks.  On one resided
Win200, another
> Win98 and the third Linux.
>
> A bit of a pig to set up but once done, all you need to do is
select the OS that
> you want and GRUB does the rest.
>
> I finally disposed of Windoze (Except SWMBO PC) and just edited
out the GRUB
> entries I no longer needed.
>
> So, If one of the OS's is to be linux, this would work (Not too
sure if GRUB
> would work in an all Windoze environment, probably not me thinks !)
>
> Mark
>

> --------+------------------------>
>                   "Smith, Allan
>                   G"
>                   <allan.smith@xxxxxxx >                   ds.com>
>
>                   09/07/2002
>                   16:13
>                   Please respond
>                   to ukha_d
>
> --------+------------------------>
>   >----------------------------------------------------------------
------------

>         To:     "'ukha_d@y...'" <ukha_d@y...>
>         cc:     (bcc: Mark
Marooth/SCOTIA)
>         Subject:     RE: [ukha_d] Dual Boot Hard Drive
Switch
>   >----------------------------------------------------------------
------------

> The way I set this up for my Mum when she had lost some software
install
> disks on her old hard drive was via the BIOS.  Taught her how to
go in and
> flick the BIOS to either NONE or AUTO on the Primary IDE channel
depending
> on whether she wanted the new system or old system.  Easy and
Cheap if a
> little bit of a pain if doing regularly...teach her to keep track
of her
> software disks!!
> Cheers
> Allan
>

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:39:45 +0100
> From: "Ben McCormack" <ben.mccormack@o...>
> Subject: Dual Boot Hard Drive Switch
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a friend that is looking for a hardware dual boot solution.
>
> He wants to run to OS's totally speratly, so when one is running
the
> other OS on the 2nd HD is inactive. The obvious way to do this
would be
> via HD caddies but there is not room in his case. So he is looking
for a
> hardware solution that will allow him to switch between HD's
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Regards
>
> Ben

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/