Re: Caller Id Problems? Possible Solution.

Hi all.

Just had the weirdest thing happen. Maybe some of you already know this, but
I thought I'd post it anyhow.

I had my hayes running caller id for a while, then put it to one side. Then
NTL cut my spare line. Got it fixed.

Now I'm writing the little Tivo bit to display it, I thought I'd better pull
it back out the cupboard again.

Fired it up. No caller id. Whipped the caller id test box out and swapped
cables. Got caller ID.

Now I'm starting to get a headache..

To cut a long story short. The Hayes appears to be sensitive to noise in the
power supply.. Unplug the x10 module with the power converter for the front
door camera from one side and the power supply for my camcorder from the
other...

Bingo. Caller id. Thinking back, the modem was plugged into the surge
protected strip before.

Just thought I'd post for anyone who may have a Hayes that they thought
never worked.. Could have been because of this?