RE: Re: A Question about X10.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: A Question about X10.
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:53:34 +0100

> I've just finished having the house rewired.. and just as the
electrician
> finishes I "discover" x10. Non of my light switches have neutrals..
they
> all
> switch on the live (which I'm told is the norm?)

Yes, that is correct in the UK.

, so I'd assumed I was
> stuck,
> but are you saying I could actually have a way around this.

Several ;)

Would the
> switch
> need replacing with a momentary type, or can it still be a rocker.

You can use a rocker with an AD10 but it is a bit of a kludge!

Do the
> LD11's support dimming are are they simply on/off. Can they be used
with
> the "modern" energy saving bulbs ?

Yes, dimming is fully supported. No, energy savers cannot be used on a
dimming module of any kind AIUI.

> Having said all that, I sort of get the impression that x10 isn't the
> panacia I initially thought it was. Am I correct in assuming that
there
> can be significant delays and interferance ?

There have been problems in certain installs but IME it's usually not a
problem that cannot be cured somehow.

HTH

K.