-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Monaghan [mailto:alex@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 July 2002 12:46
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] back to basics - laying cables

Your best option (but most work) is to sink necessary back boxes and channels into the wall, fit your desired cables (keeping necessary distance between data & power) and then plaster the whole lot flat again and fit the face plates (or decorate & then fit the plates - we're making the mess through the whole house and then decorating later)

Easy option is to get some simple trunking (screwfix / tlc etc... will have this available) and lay it on the surface (there's even some self adhesive stuff).

I'm going for option A, but it's hard work even with an SDS drill & chisel (although much easier with the SDS than my old drill), but looks far nicer - if you have a SWMBO then you may not get away with surface mounted cables.