Re: WIFI Buy

On Monday 01 July 2002 3:51 pm, BUTLER, Tony, FM came forth and proclaimed:
> Provisionally for the WiFi buy so far we have:
>
> Who	          PCMCIA Card   PCI Adapter   Ethernet Converter
> Tony Butler       1               1            1
> Chris Bond        2               0            1
> Kenneth Watt      1               1            0
> Keith Doxey       2               0            0
> Kevin Hawkins     6               0            1
> Kieran Broadfoot  1               0            1
> Jon Fautley       2               1            0
> Mark Hopley       3               1            0
>
> The vendor has stated that if the order is 'small', though 'small' is
> undefined then he can ship the lot unpackaged and he will cover
postage
> costs.
> Are we all happy to get receive these without pretty boxes?

ooo, I don't know... there's nothing like seeing your neighbours faces when
you throw the boxes in the bin.. they way you can look down on them,
because
they just don't have the sheer volume of cool kit you do ;)

Nah, seriously tho, the box only serves to take up space in my already
undersized bin, i'd rather just have the cards.

> He also said  "I will discount the order from the prices on my
web site if
> the order is large enough" though again, "large" goes
undefined.
> Oh and on compatibility, he said "The cards are the same as the
Agere
> Orinocco Silver. Drivers will have to be updated."

Jon
--
Jon Fautley
e: jon@xxxxxxx