RE: "Dubious" marketing...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: "Dubious" marketing...
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:49:29 +0100

I saw this myself..

they have some nonsense chart on the back, showing the frequency response of
the cable, showing that this cable is good all the way to 200Mhz, whereas
"normal" modem cables are only good to about 10Mhz.

Never mentioning of course that a modem connection never even breaks past
100Khz.

*REAL* dodgy marketing, and liable to lead to *serious* dissapointment.

especially for those of us who are *still* stuck in the desert after BT's
new system goes live.

We got "We are sorry but this exchange is not in the current review process.
The size of your exchange indicates that ADSL may not be viable" so
basically, nothing has changed.
We still have no information.

Ian.