RE: Re: Powermid/Tivo Problems

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Powermid/Tivo Problems
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:26:47 +0100

James,

Thanks, but yes I already have "the answer".
The Answer was to take Tivo out of node0 and bung it under the TV.
Not the best answer, but the one that worked.
I realised that using the SKY controller, as SWMBO is wont to do, the
response was suddenly very poor - this I presume was due to the sky box
picking up the powermid signals as well as the Tivo, which tried to send
them too.  As a result it seemed to respond to only every other key
press.

Tivo now in front room connected via KAT5 to Sky box.  The IR emitter is
placed under the powermid on top of the TV so Tivo can still change Sky
channels.  I did have to swap from the 20016 codes though because the
1st number seemed to be missed out - so I'd get 12 instead of 112 for
example.
Tried slow/medium/fast with no different.  I'm now either on 20006 or
20009 - can't remember.

The downside of my solution is that I now don't have Tivo connected back
to my AV amp or multi room system - but I should solve that when I get
some more CAT5 sockets sorted out in the lounge.  Will be a bit of a
waste of sockets though feeding signal from node0 to lounge, back to
node0, into amp and back to lounge again!

Tony