Re: Powermid/Tivo Problems

Tony,

A bit late I know - and you may already have this answer.  I've found
the Powermid to work OK, but they are _very_ sensitive to direction
(both in the vertical and horizontal plane) when using a tivo
controller.

I have a TV high up on the wall in the kitchen and Tivo in the living
room; powermid between the two.  I have had to put a big lump of blue
tack under the back of the powermid to tilt it up by about 20 degrees
and yet I still have to hold the remote fairly high up (sitting but
with arm in air) for the tivo to work.  Once at "altitude" it works
fairly reliably.  More bluetack required....

If I don't do this, the red light lighs up like you say but no
reliable signal is sent.

Cheers,

James
--- In ukha_d@y..., "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <tony.butler@r...> wrote:
> I posted to the UKHA_D Tivo group earlier about my new Tivo and one
of the
> problems I've had is unreliable repeating of the Tivo IR with a
pair of
> powermids.
> All other devices work quite happily with the powermids, and I
belive pronto
> CCF files for the Tivo work fine, but pronto has a low WAF so I
really need
> to be able to use a 'proper' remote for ther Tivo.
>
> I had a quick scoot around tivocommunity.com reveals that ppl have
variously
> reported powermids to always work, to never work, to work if they
press the
> key twice.
> It's frustrating to say the least to have so many different results
reported
> :-(
>
> Anyway, I thought this was more properly the group to mention it
rather than
> the TiVo spin-off as so many of you have experience of IR
distribution