RE: Weather station serial output

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Weather station serial output
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:23:31 +0100

Ian,

After a quick play about with Weather View 32 etc. I decided that the
best option for me was, believe it or not, a simple little free program
to pull the info off, you can get a copy here:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/andykeir/freewx.html

Sorry, trying to stop the url from wrapping, that annoys me *SO* much.
Anyway this is a great little program that's worth mucking about with
and the real beauty is you can actually talk to the author! ;)

I have done some work on it, but not a lot, certainly I haven't gotten
the info into HV yet, due to being too dumb and harassed to do it! But
you can output a text or CSV file from Free WX IIRC.

You can see a sample of what I've punted to the web here:

http://www.funkycool.co.uk/Weatherpage.htm

and that was just using the internally generated stuff.

HTH

K.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/