RE: Fw: OT: DV-Depot Free DHL Shipping (5-7 Discs) for 48hours!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Fw: OT: DV-Depot Free DHL Shipping (5-7 Discs) for 48hours!
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:00:04 +0100

> I see.  If I'm ever in the market for R1 discs, I'll try them out= .
> Until then, I'll stick to HMV or whatever.

I admit that's a big part in how I started way back when I was getting
LD's imported from the US, but then at that time you just couldn't get
the quality from VHS (still can't IMO) and software in the UK was scarce to non-existent. It still is part of the reason but, generally speaking
the R1 discs have more features, have until very recently been a lot
cheaper and the releases a lot faster so I have been importing probably
since the early nineties. Old habits die hard! ;)

For example, Rollerball (2001), which is sitting to be shipped to me
costs me =A313.25 from Depot and =A316.79 from Streets Online, both
excluding carriage, however the carriage from Depot will be for at least five discs, not one so it is still substantially cheaper over the course of a year, for me anyway. This is simply down to the fact that I love
movies and do tend to buy more than a couple a month though.

As usual though it=92s a case of horses for courses!

K.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""
3D""