Re: KAT5 Website Updated

> I see that AV source is connected to the switcher via SCART lead. That
means
> that switcher cannot be in node 0, because I cannot put scart cable
between
> living room and node 0.

That's what KAT5 is for!  The switcher is not developed yet - the boxes you
see are the transmitter/receivers which plug into CAT5 at one end, and your
appliance at the other.

> One more idea.
> KAT5 can be used to transmit VGA signal to the other room, while you
can
use
> wireless (radio) keyboard and mouse (approx. ?40) to work on the PC in
node
> 0.
> The cheapest KVM extenders over Cat5 were about ?250 inc VAT.
> This should end up cheaper.

TV-out card?  Cheaper than developing a new device - my new one arrived
today for the princely sum of £25 all in.  You wouldn't need a monitor then
either - just use the TV.

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System