Re: Cheap 10.4" pen tablet

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cheap 10.4" pen tablet
  • From: "nsouthga" <lardfest@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:57:41 -0000

One thing I would bear in mind regarding the usability of these
devices is boot up time.

The epod is brilliant in this regard as it is WinCE so you get
instant on. In my experience you are inclined to use it more
frequently, rather than wait for a PC to boot up. This is particulary
true for X10 control. Running terminal services on the epod you can
be up and running in under 10 secs.

Anybody used one of these before, what's the likely boot up time?

At this price however, I'm game for a couple!

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@v...> wrote:
> I said capacitive, oops sorry.
>
> Actually, another website shows it to be either resistive or
capacitive. !!!

> Dave...

sensitive resistive digitizer which allows temporary use with a
fingernail or other pointing object if the pen is misplaced or lost.

the 510 does not need a battery driven pen as I read you can even use
your fingernail to drive it.

>     For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
>     Post message: ukha_d@y...
>     Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...