From: James Hoye [mailto:james.hoye@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 January 2002 11:05
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] NEWS - BT HomeNet

> Too True, Having been there before, But I don't think they would be
> using Keith's stuff as I found this, to quote "DVD players do not
> generate the correct output for direct distribution over the BT
HomeNet
> system."
>
> So not all it's cracked up to be.

"Video
A high quality video signal mixer and amplifier are contained within BT's
home network central hub. This is responsible for delivering video signals
around your home (TV of all types, video recorder, DVD) using
industry-standard co-axial cable. BT has adopted this technology because it
is robust, has remanied unchanged for many years and is unlikely to change
in the near future. Nonetheless, it is possible to deliver high-quality
video over CAT5e cabling - a future development option with the
product."

So it's modulated composite then with mono audio!
"robust, has remanied unchanged for many years" =3D
outdated/obsolete!!!

Like the future development option bit about high-quality video over CAT5e
=
-
Quick Keith, patent KAT5!!!!

Nevertheless, I guess there are plenty of people willing to fork out
=A3130=
0
for what they perceive to be the be all and end all...  Maybe it will at
least raise the awareness, and bring HA volumes up and drive costs down.

James H

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20