Re: Kodak - Radio Interview MP3 file

Quoting Mark McCall (mark@xxxxxxx):
> Can anyone tell me what this means??  Is the a Trojan on my machine??
>
> Running PC Cillan now :(
>
> M.

It shouldn't be anything to worry about -- just an artefact of the
way that FTP works.  When you connect to a machine to FTP from it
your machine connects from a random port on your machine to port 21 on
the remote system.  This channel is only used as a control channel
though (except in circumstances I won't go into here).  To get files
transferred back to your system, your FTP client starts listening
on port 20 and the remote system then connects back to that port
to initiate the data transfer.

Firewalls often block this back-connection because it's initiated from
outside the firewall.  Some are configurable enough to allow these
inbound connections if there is an open outbound control channel between
the same machines.  Otherwise using passive FTP usually works.

James