Book PC TV-out/noise levels - was: Uh-Oh, look out Phil, it's a B.. B.. Bargain!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Book PC TV-out/noise levels - was: Uh-Oh, look out Phil, it's a B.. B.. Bargain!
  • From: "PatrickLidstone" <patrickl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:53:01 -0000

> Did I miss a reply on this, I can't find one... I see they are=20
still=20
> on sale at =A3199 so I am tempted to get one.. how have people been=20
> getting on with them.. any good? Any problems??

Nicely put together, totally rock solid so far, with decent=20
performance, but definitely not silent running - perhaps marginally=20
quieter than your average PC?

> From the Maplin page it implies the TV out is attached to the DVD=20
> drive only, but from your note Paul it implies it is Tv out for=20
whole=20
> PC.=20

Installed Linux on mine, and was very pleasantly surprised to find=20
that TV-out works straight out of the box for the whole PC.=20
Additional driver disk is supplied for tv-out with various flavours=20
of Windows too.

Only other thing to watch is that the two memory slots take a maximum=20
of 256k DIMM per slot. Oh, and the Maplin blurb says you need to add=20
your own CPU fan. You don't - there's one slung in the box.

Patrick