Re: [OT] PXE Boot Help

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] PXE Boot Help
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 19:08:01 +0000

Never *actually* tried it, but you need to have the RIS service installed
&
running on the W2K box. (you also need a functioning DHCP server).

>from
quite tricky to get working, as there are a few dependencies... It's also
only designed to boot the PC up to *install* a Win2K Pro OS to a client...
so wouldn't be much use to you without a disk...

That's the Microsoft way of doing things, PXE is not a purely MS standard
though, so other server OS's may exist that let you use the PXE
functionality for something more usefull... However, AFAIK, with Win2K, all
you can do with it, is install an image of Win2K on a client...

Sorry...

Paul G.