Re: PBXs

Keith Doxey wrote:

>Hi Calum,
>
>At work we are only using fibre for the main links between buildings.
>Everything within buildings is CAT5. Technology is constantly pushing
the
>boundaries of copper.

but not as fast as it pushes it for fibre

>A few years ago 9600 baud was about the limit for a
>telephone line. Now they carry ADSL at > 2Mbit.

I'm sorry, but I really don't find that impressive. I've got no doubt it
will increase further, my friend has worked on fractal compression [on
fibre, but it could be applied to any medium] with some stunning results
... it could increase copper bandwidth to 100mbs easily. But I still
don't find that impressive as it still restricts the way I want to work
and the functioanlity I can design/implement.

>Fibre will have its uses, but I personally dont believe it has any
place in
>the home.

Finally someone giving their opinion rather than making a statement
based on incorrect fatcs :-)

Calum