Re: An Idea...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: An Idea...
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:35:49 -0000

Jon,

almost.. except:

"If you are interested in this project then before you go any further
consider this, your SOFTWARE must support the DS2409 so that your
software can see the devices that you want to address on the remote
branches. If your SOFTWARE does not support the DS2904 then this HUB
will not function as you would like it to, i.e. The HUB is not an
automatic device but is solely controlled by the software used with
it."

I was thinking of just a box that could be connected to something
like the Homevision "multifunction expansion board" ... with no
PC
inter[vention]action...

>from
linking the 3 wires to each DS18S20 and that a little bit
more 'electronics' is needed?

I haven't acutally looked at this a great deal, it's more of a
thought at the mo.

Mind you.. from  what you were saying ... pehaps the 'dedicated patch
bay' could be in a box - making it a sort of hub...

Andy

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Jon Whiten" <jon@w...> wrote:
> Was this the sort of thing that you had in mind?
> http://www.simat.enta.net/1wirehub.html
>
> Alternatively, you could try using 2 pairs in the cat5 cable
(send/return)
> and a dedicated patch bay wired to loop the signals through. This
way the
> 1-wire sensors would all be hanging off the one trunk.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon
> http://www.whiten.co.uk/

come up with