[OT] Digital TV

  • To: "UKHA Discussion \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Digital TV
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:11:10 -0000

Is it me ????

I seem to remember the broadcasters promising that digital TV would give an
improvement in TV picture quality that was like comparing AM radio to
CD.....but which way?

Flicking through SKY digital I came across "Simply Shop" 639. The
bitrate is
soooo low that EVERY time they cut to a different shot the whole picture
pixellates. :-(

I dont give a stuff about the shopping channels but I have noticed it on
the
Discovery channels as well.

GRRRR :-(

Keith