-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Hawkins [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 1:01 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

    There are two very similar threads here so sorry to mix the quotes but...I have been trying this recently too - and despite the info copied from the adjacent thread [UKHA Wandsworth switch pics up - dim thread - which controller] re LD11 documentation copied here ....posted by Keith Baker.. (who appears very frustrated on finding this info too...)

"The LD11 also responds to professional X-10. Combined with the memory dim feature, the LD11 can change the room lighting instantly or progressively."

and

"Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD X10 and programmable start and stop rates with PROFESSIONAL X10 protocol."

and also this posting by David Anamudu in the Comfort Technical newsgroup

> > I have been playing with ActiveHome and HomeSeer, and have been able to
> get
> > the ld11 units to 'soft start' to differing brightneses, and also to go
> > immediately to different brightnesses.

David is now not able to repeat this and I have been unable to get anything working using any X10 commands (Homeseer / Homevision / ECS / Leopard etc) - My conclusion is that any go immediate to level function or any 'preset the level function (whilst turned off)' is not implemented. Also any change of ramp speed is not possible. I think the ramped change is unavoidable. Unless someone knows better.... Can anyone switch an LD11 ON instantly at a set brightness ?

        Kevin