Re: Re: Wandsworth switch pics up

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Wandsworth switch pics up
  • From: Richard Malcolm-Smith <rich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:27:42 +1300

psghome2002 wrote:

> That's not correct (I've confirmed this with a multimeter) - The
> first switch is a momentary type with two connections one side and
> one common the other side. Depending on which terminals you use, the
> switch can be configured for push-to-make (momentary i.e. makes
> contact as long as you push the switch) or push-to-break. This is
> ideal for X10 & LD11's.
>
> The other switch is the same but has a center position off and you
> can then push the top or bottom of the switch, again momentary but
> effectively two push-to-make switches in one package - good if you
> want to control two lights from one switch! Neat :)

What would be cool is top for bright, bottom for dim, with a quick tap
for full on/off like the true rocker decora ones from leviton (They look
a bitch to mod to 230 too)

If someone makes an equivilant to the LD11 with that it would be cool.
The PCS scenemasters use diodes to signal the 2 directions over one wire
(to live) so I guess it looks for the positive only, or negative only
pulses.