RE: Re: Wandsworth switch pics up - dim thread

sorry I made the thread diverge :) - I changed the subject so those
interested can filter!

>from

Now for the more fun stuff.

According to the LD11 dimmer manuals I have seen on line they state:

"The LD11 also responds to professional X-10. Combined with the memory
dim feature, the LD11 can change the room lighting instantly or
progressively."

and

"Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD X10 and programmable start
and stop rates with PROFESSIONAL X10 protocol."

So you can program the rate from instant to very slow (I guess the default
is somewhere in between).

Is anyone using these functions?

I've been trying to find out whether the controllers available to us and
the one that I am interested in (the Leopard) can send out these
"professional" commands.

Do all the controller software programs have the X10 commands programmed in
and you just click a radio button to say send this type of command OR is it
possible to specify (at a lower level) the sequence of bits to make up any
special command?

keith