RE: Anyone got a BT 2+8 pabx phone system?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anyone got a BT 2+8 pabx phone system?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:44:34 -0000

ORIGINALLY POSTED LAST NIGHT BUT LOST IN THE ETHER :-(

Reposted with minor corrections :-)

Hi Lee,

Check you have the terminations right.

There are only 5 terminals on the PBX for the 6 terminals in the jack.
3 of them are used for normal phones A,B and Earth. The other 2 are the
data
circuit for system phones.

CCU1 - GREEN/White LJ1
CCU2 - BLUE/White LJ2
n/a - ORANGE/WHITE LJ3
CCU4 - Orange/WHITE LJ4
CCU5 - Blue/WHITE LJ5
CCU6 - Green/WHITE LJ6

The LEDS come on when the phone powers up but go off once the self test
completes. If they stay on then the data isnt getting through.

PBX. Extn 20 is the operator (I think) and it gets all the calls. Others
can
pick the calls up when they ring.

KEY. All phones have incoming and outgoing access to both lines.

EXCLUSIVE. All phones have access to Line 1, Line 2 is exclusive to extn
21.

Recall. Earth used when parented of a larger PBX, Timed Break used for Star
Services on exchange lines.

Ring Bridge. Used to indicate the gap in incoming ringing to stop the
phones
>from
intended when parented off a manual switchboard where only occasional
bursts
of incoming ringing occur.

I think I have got the above facts right....havent worked on one for 6
years
so its from memory.

Will check to see if I still have a manual somewhere.

Keith