Re: OT: WiFi CF Cards

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: WiFi CF Cards
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:48:06 -0000

I do have the PCCard expansion pack and the CF pack. But as Tony
Butler was the original requester and asked for CF in the subject
line, was responding to that.

I also wonder whether the CF wireless cards I mentioned draw less
power than the PCCard versions? The blurb states - 'In idle mode,
the Socket Low Power WLAN Card draws less than 25 mA, much less than
most other PC or CF WLAN cards. In addition, Socket provides
Advanced Power Management utilities that allow you to select power
settings according to your needs. An "Enable PDA Suspend" setting
allows your mobile computer to enter suspend mode and power off the
inserted WLAN card so it won't drain your battery if you forget.'

Paul.

wrote:
> [...]
range