Re: Re: OT: WiFi CF Cards

> > I believe these cards are PCMCIA?
>
> They are, I assumed that you had the PC card back. If you have not
> already purchased a back I would get the PC back anyway because you
can
> get converters fo go from CF to PC, they are not expensive and in the
> retail microdrive packs you get one free. I believe (I have not seen
> one) that you cannot go PC to CF

ebuyer.com do PC Card to CF adapters for about £3-4 inc. VAT.

> If you go PC back it may even end up cheaper if you want to go
wireless
> although the backs are more expensive you save a lot on the wireless
> cards

It's a bit bulky though.  I ate at a restaurant this weekend which used
Ipaqs with PC Card wireless for ordering.  Just so happened that we had a
laptop and silver card with us.  They were using no encryption, so we did a
bit of hacking and revealed their entire network topology.  I'm sure given
few hours we could sit in the pub next door, order a few meals, and wander
downstairs when it was ready!

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System