RE: Plasma prices

On 26 Feb 02, at 15:14, Timothy Morris wrote:

> Hold on a second - where can you get a "proper" line-doubled
front
> projector with screen for 4 and a half grand?

It's still a big chunk of cash towards such, isn't it?

> Forget the fact that you can't view it in daylight.

That's what the ordinary telly is for, day to day viewing. Down come
the blinds for proper movie viewing.

> The extra 10 inches makes a huge difference in terms of total picture
> size - don't forget a 32inch widescreen CRT has typically only a
30"
> viewable screen.

~4 times the price for a ~33% increase in picture size doesn't work
for me I'm afraid. They're still too expensive and too small.

I like the idea of the much larger screen size via FP. It seems like
you're getting more for a very large stack of cash.

But hey, maybe the price will continue creeping down to the point
where it becomes more interesting as a little upgrade from a 32"
CRT telly!

StuartB