Very sensitive PIR's or DualTech?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Very sensitive PIR's or DualTech?
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:16:14 -0000

As mentioned in earlier messages, I've been experimenting with
PIR's, HomeVision and LD11's. I'm trying to find the best kit to get
as close to the 'perfect' automated lighting system (which has been
the subject of discussion here many times before, I know).

I've so far tried pyronix and AlarmComm black mirror (very sexy
looking) PIR's but they just take too long to trigger (A function of
the stability of the units I guess). I don't want to use the extra
PIR's I install for security necessarily (I could devote several
more stable PIR's for security alone), but purely for light
triggering with a suitable timer (say 10-15 minutes) and other logic.

My question is - has anyone found a suitable PIR for this task i.e.
triggers really quickly (without too many false detections) and
looks good on the wall?

I suppose my other options are pressure mats, beam breaks and Dual
tech/microware sensors. Anyone using these successfully?

Paul.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx