RE: Elektor (was: Looks Interesting.)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Elektor (was: Looks Interesting.)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:02:47 -0000

I used to buy the occasional copy but WH Smith stopped stocking it so I
hadnt seen it for a while. Then Craplin sold their magazine and within a
few
months it ceased to be and outstanding subscriptions were offered a
transfer
to Elektor so I switched. Spotted the advert whilst reading it in the bath
this afternoon :-)

Over the years I have had the following magazines.

Everyday Electronics (1973-1982)
Practical Electronics (1973-1982)
Electronics Today International (1976-end of mag)
(the above 3 are now ONE magazine)
EPE incorporating ETI (end of ETI to present)

Elektor (occasional copies but now subscribe)
Television (1978-1982)

Electronics and Music Maker (life of magazine)
which became
The Maplin Magazine aka Electronics and Beyond (life of magazine)

Electronics and Wireless World (occasional copies)

I used to keep all the magazines but they wre taking over the house so I
ditched loads of them, keeping only the ones that I had built stuff from or
that had articles of interest. The ones I stil have fill a shelf 12 feet
long and with each magazine an average 1/4 inch thick that is a lot of
paper!

The plan one day (probably never!) is to scan the bits of interest and
store
on CD as PDF files but I never seem to find the time.

Keith