RE: Re: Palm remote?

Hi Paul

Last week I had similar thoughts, clie vs pronto. Using a palm device
is very appealing - not only do I get rid of the remotes I could also
get rid of an old Psion and at a push a not very often used laptop.
But the remote will get lots of use, a real one is probably more robust -
it will fall of the sofa and what do you do when SWMBO wants to watch
Eastenders
and you want to use the palm. (Obviously Eastenders should loose out but
think
of the repercussions!!)
Also the 1M pronto is only 135 pounds.

Pronto will be arriving tomorrow - bet I miss the delivery and have to
chase it!

keith

wrote:
> > > Ok my turn to pose a question and please excuse the possible
lack
> > of knowledge here...
> > >
> > > I have an IBM Workpad which is basically a Palm 3
> rebadged with 4mb
> > memory. Having read a lot of posts relating to a Pronto remote
> > control, can I replace the various remotes I have using the
workpad?

> > No, not unless you're a short-sighted yorkshireman. The range of
the
> > built in IR port is diddly-squat. The latest Clie (and some
Visors,