Re: Re: Palm remote?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Palm remote?
  • From: Alan Shields <alan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:14:39 +0000

Take a look at www.remotecentral.com

There are infrared boosters available for the palm that plug into the expansion port at the bottom. This means you then have to hold the unit upside down - the remote control software will flip the display for you.

I tried it without the infrared booster and apart from the 30cm range it just didn't look or feel very nice. This was back when pronto's where only available in the states and $400, even then the pronto seemed a much better choice.

You wouldn't want to use your only PDA as a remote anyway and if you add the cost of a new one + the software + the infrared extender it's going to cost more than a 1meg pronto which IMHO will do a much better job anyway.

Alan Shields
alan@xxxxxxx