EPS9 circuits

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EPS9 circuits
  • From: "Mark Kaye" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:50:49 -0000

Actually, thinking about it, I have decided to send this to the group
anyway ;)

========

Hi Keith,

I am really sorry for the personal email, you're the only person I know
who might be able to answer the simple question I have!

Basically, after running the BT line test my phone line is 3.95km from
the exchange.  However, when using an application that is designed for
costing leased line circuits, it says I'm 1.4km from the exchange.  I
assume that this is because my analogue lines are routed hither and
thither before they get here.  My question is, if I have an EPS9 circuit
put in, is it possible to get it routed in a more direct fashion?

I will be running G.SHDSL over the EPS9 to a local ISP, so you can see
that distance and line quality will be important.

Cheers,