Re: OT: ISP questions + on topic PS

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: ISP questions + on topic PS
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:33:36 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Andy Laurence" <andylaurence@y...>
wrote:
> > As I understand it, Exchange can not relay all domain
> > mail to a single account
>
> AFAIK, you're right, but you could create a mailbox for domain1.com
and set
> a rule to forward all onto domain2.  Messy I know, but there's
always the
> option of hosting their mailbox.
>
> Andy

I really wanted to avoid creating mailboxes as I only have a five
user licence on the server and I don't want to be involved in a
potentially messy problem if their email is unavailable. Also I fully
intend to offer the relaying service to other clients who will
already have established email addresses but would also want to
receive email from the domain matching their web address. The only
reason I could possibly persuade the new client to change their ISP
is that they have only recently signed up to V21 and of course I can
point out that V21 are no longer attractive with their new terms and
conditions.

Graham