RE: Replacing Yahoo with a paid provider was Posting etiquette

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Replacing Yahoo with a paid provider was Posting etiquette
  • From: "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <tony.butler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:55:58 -0000

Mark,

It would be far from ideal doing it this way, but perhaps more acceptable to the masses than a subs based service.
There may be a high volume of messages, but they trickle in & out so I can't see it killing someone's connection.

I'm not that bothered about the Yahoo ads personally - some ppl's .sigs are bigger!
It would be _nice_ if they weren't there, it would be okay if we could bung yahoo a few quid as a one off to ditch the ads....

I think a subs based system would discourage others from joining & seeing what it's about & could easily drive ppl away - especially as there is now a free, no ads newsgroup.

I was just suggesting broadband as a possibility.....