Re: More on phones

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: More on phones
  • From: "tefxp" <tony.butler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:32:49 -0000

Dunno.  Craplin do a part PU96E - RJ45 double adapter for 4 quid that
may do the job.  You'd have to check that each socket is wired to all
pins on the plug, rather than splitting it so 2 pair go to one plug
and 2 pair to another.

I have a second patch panel which is all wired up at the back in
parallel.  I then run a fly lead from that to the phone socket to
provide the connection and then patch leads to the 'real' patch panel
to farm it out to the various RJ45 sockets designated for phone use
about the place.
This is probably a kack way to do things & I do get some noise on the
line which I posted about before (no replies though so can't say how
to solve it : (), but it's 'good enough'.

Hopefully someone out there has done it 'properly' who may be of more
help......

Tony