RE: Re: Analogue Light Sensor (for Ken Watt)

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Analogue Light Sensor (for Ken Watt)
  • From: Mike Griffiths <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:56:16 -0000

I mounted mine in Telephone extension face plates along side the Temp
sensors
As to sensitivity
If you put them out side they overload
but I have one on an inside window ledge pointing out and that gives me
Outside daylight
I haven't filtered them at all though I tried to with the outside ones and
gave up
If you buy the range then you can select the one that is right for the
aplication, hence my mounting them in Transistor holders

Its about two years since I worked on mine
and the have been in since and working with HV without a problem
hence my vagueness  over some bits
To check them I wrote the value ever minute to a text file which was then
being accessed as External data in MS Access that was then drawing a graph
a kind of Geek Oscilloscope !!
but it was great for seeing how hey worked
Once set I then decreased the sample frequency and had a graph of Temp and
light
given up with that now though as it is interesting to set up but very
boring
after a week or two
Mike