-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Hawkins [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 December 2002 13:07
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Speakers and mains cable

Michael,

    Do you mean 30cm ? If so the actual impact is likely to be
unnoticeable although it is bad practice. I am not sure if it is in
contravention of the IEE 7671 wiring regs though ?? If it is low power /
low fi you should also be able to get some screened twin/four core for
that section which will further help reduce any induced pickup (hum),
only earth this to the conduit (mains earth) though. Having joins
(terminal block style) in the speaker cable is not too problematic
although if you can solder them it would be best. In HiFi setups or with
large power though the speaker cabling it is more critical and a much
debated subject.

    Kevin