RE: Intro and dealer question reg. Exstreamer

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Intro and dealer question reg. Exstreamer
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:18:30 -0000

> I'd like to introduce myself to the group,
> Johannes Rietschel and I am the CEO of Barix, Switzerland.
> I have seen that Nigel just posted about our Exstreamer (Ethernet to
> MP3 device), and I will try to help out with any questions/problems
> you might have regarding our products - as well as ethernet
> networking questions in general (I do this stuff since >15 years..).

Welcome to the group Johannes.

There has been discussion here and in the UKHA LAN Audio group about the
EXstreamer and other network players, you may be interested in that
group as well and the traffic is a lot lower.

> I build a home right now myself and am mainly on this group to learn
> how to solve quite some things (on the audio side I'm all set with
> the Exstreamer ;-).

Cool, you do however realise that this group can cost you a small
fortune ;)

> We had quite some people from the UK asking where they can buy our
> products locally, so I have the following question to the group:  -
> may I ask to recommend a or some good, fitting distribution partner
> (s) for our products (home automation devices connecting direcly to
> ethernet or wireless ethernet for audio, security, I/O, data
> collection) ?

Try Laser (www.laser.com) or Let's Automate (www.letsautomate.com) I
would say either were a fair bet.

> Thanks - and happy wiring (or wireless ?) over the holidays !

Oh, I'm sure that they'll be some wires messed with during the holidays!
;)

K.