-----Original Message-----
From: John Risby [mailto:john@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 December 2002 12:51
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] tlc-direct.co.uk

hi all,

just a little note to explain what has happened today with my first
order from tlc-direct.co.uk.

i ordered several items yesterday totalling 176 pounds, including 13.13
for next day before noon delivery. an hour after i placed my order i
received an email saying the items had been dispatched.

as you do, i had hoped they might come about 10 or so, but any time up
to midday was ok. i need to pop out and get some items.

at 12:10 i emailed tlc-direct to check whether the items were going to
arrive today. at 12:25 they arrived via business post. i asked the woman
whether it was meant to be before noon and she said "yes, before noon"
and just walked away.

there are actually two items missing from the order with a note saying
"items to follow asap". i am in the middle of redecorating our living
room and need them today.

i've just had a telephone call from tlc to tell me that i am down for
delivery before noon. i told him they had arrived and he basically said
"oh, ok" and it was obvious his next word would be "bye". i queried the
fact it was late and he just didn't care. i then asked about the missing
items and again he didn't seem to care. eventually i pinned him down to
"probably friday". the web site did not say they were out of stock when
i ordered. the items i need today total over 30 quid, never mind the
13.13 for the "delivery before noon".

i told him this was my first order with tlc-direct and that i wasn't
happy and he said, again, "oh, ok". he just did not care.

anyway, i've just called up and cancelled the missing items and i've
been promised a debit onto my credit card for the missing items and, as
i asked, for the carriage charge. i trust they will be true to their
word and i will post the outcome when it happens.

just thought i'd share.

regards
john

List of UKHA Groups here -