-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Welsh [mailto:bob-ukha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 1:43 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] H/W Development question

> This is easy with the likes of the PIC or AVR
> microcontrollers. A simple transistor, a couple of resistors
> [..]
> Basic Stamp as this would be the quickest way to get it
> working if you don't have any PIC or AVR dev kit.

Given that this is (hopefully) the first of a few h/w projects for me is
it worth me getting into the 'PIC scene'? If PIC has more potential than
I'd be happy to spend a some money on a programmer etc and use PIC in
this solution.

The other thing I found was on Quasar was this
http://www.quasarelectronics.com/3108.htm,
<http://www.quasarelectronics.com/3108.htm,>  which looked like almost
'out-the-box' (albeit in kit form) solution. Thoughts ?

> Check out
> www.milinst.com for the BS2 dev kit. Might be higher in cost
> than the likes of the VIOM module from Phaedrus
> ( http://www.phaedrusltd.co.uk/system/index.html)
<http://www.phaedrusltd.co.uk/system/index.html)>  but you will

Thanks for the link. I was already looking at the VIOM - but mainly cos
it looks like someone is developing an Autom8it plug-in for the VIOM.

Thanks for the info, Dave.

It never fails to amaze me the wealth and breadth of information on this
group....

Robert

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk <http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .