RE: WAS - PBX ADSL DECT ... 26 handsets NOW Meteor and Comfort alternative

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: WAS - PBX ADSL DECT ... 26 handsets NOW Meteor and Comfort alternative
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:30:49 +0100

From: umar@xxxxxxx [mailto:umar@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
13 August 2002 12:19
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] WAS - PBX ADSL DECT ... 26 handsets NOW Meteor and Comfort alternative

Quoting
Timothy Morris <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>:

> I am looking for a 2 line alternative to this, but no joy. Anyone any
> ideas ? Tim?
>
> 2+8 gives you 8 extensions not 16. I did it the easy way - just bought a
> cordless ISDN PBX which gives 2 channels plus 8 handsets.
>
> Anything more than 8 extensions and you really are moving into "small
> business" rather than
SOHO territory.

2 lines and 8 extensions is all I want. But I understand I can have more than
one phone off each extenion, in theory 16 phones albeit 2 phones will ring off
one extension.

You went for ISDN. What advantages does that have over analogue ?

Thanks

Umar

Up to 10 MSNs (numbers) each with different ringing tones, ability to put the call on hold at the exchange so you can handle four calls at once. When I first bought it I was also using ISDN for data, and the system allows channel bundling on ISDN until a voice call comes in when it drops the second channel. Reduced minimum call fee from 4.4p to 2.2p. There used to be a regulation that meant you used to have an earthed PBX and a maintenance contract for multiple lines. That restriction is no longer in force.

I think there’s more, but that is why I went for it in the first place.

Bov, can you think of any more?

Tim.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor