Re: Displays around the house - THY NAME IS XAP

Already taken - XML App-purpose Protocol. Proposed to the w3c, but nothing
seems to have happened there with it apart from the proposal - See
http://wwbota.free.fr/XMLprotocol.htm. It's also in use by Adobe - see
http://www.gca.org/papers/xmleurope2001/papers/html/sid-03-9b.html.

I'll shut up now, since neither of these really have any impact on it being
used here.

Dave
<sad>xml bore</sad>

"Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Back on the 20th June, 2001, James Hoye wrote:
>
> > OK chaps (and honourary chaps), what about XAP (pronounced 'zap') for
> > eXtensible Automation Protocol.  Nice and simple...
>
> I vote that we use this name for the protocol!
>
> M.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231049.2208958.3660596.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
> 041992:HM/A=1175219/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/grp/300_youH1/g