RE: RE: Measuring bath water depth

Ok, here’s my two pence worth…

If you’re messing about with plumbing (installing valves to turn on/off the water) why not install a ‘bath filling tap’ that has hot, and cold water supplies, with an adjustable set of taps on it (so the hot / cold flow rate can be pre-set, so the temp is just how you like it (I have a combi boiler so don’t risk running out of hot water) fit a valve, on a timer (be that connected to a small, independent circuit, or connect to a ‘ha controller / homevision / misterhouse etc) (using cat5 cable + relays to control the valves – maybe a similar principle to the chap who’s made his own garden irrigation system)

And to be on the safe side (incase the valve goes t1ts up) use another fail-safe type of device which has been discussed previously.

My thoughts / reasoning on this are:

You don’t have to mess around with the workings exsisting, already working taps

IMO a filler tap looks quite good. – and could even be made out of some chrome tubing with a u-bend in it

You don’t have to use x-10 to look after it, you could use cat5 cable connected to the relay box and maybe an external low voltage supply (safer if anything leaks)

I’ve not really sat and thought about this, because I’m going to take my bath out when I fit a new bathroom, and instead have a very nice walk-in shower J (much more to my liking… IMO – better than laying in a bath of dirty water..)

Well.. that’s my thoughts on it… and I tried to use ‘kiss’ (keep it simple stupid)

Jonathan.