Re: URGENT - Please Read

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: URGENT - Please Read
  • From: "andy_powell_is" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:35:02 -0000

> Mark,
>
> As moderator of the list, surely it is down to if _you_ feel there
should be
> a change then go ahead and implement it.
> If this were a democracy, there would not be a moderator.  It is
not and
> therefore, your word is law.

Tony,

Mark doesn't get the choice IIRC, if you create a group you become a
moderator (read owner) of the list.. I think it's a feature of YHG

> post.  It may be the remaining 90% or so are happy with the way
things are
> (or it's just not a problem about OT stuff etc) and simply will not
vote.

If you don't vote and things don't go your way you can't complain...
that's why mark said it was important for EVERYONE to vote.. If
everyone takes the time to vote then Mark can react to the majority
opinion... which I guess is kinda why he asked..

> Does this mean we go with the will of those few (ie the regular
posters no

No, it means you vote, and you vote what you feel so that Mark can
make an informed decision...

> doubt) who do vote?
> Better, IMO, to go with YOUR feeling on the state of YOUR list -
afterall,
> you're the one who will have to act on it!

You're righ, it IS Mark's list, but Mark is trying to be fair... He's
not a despot..

> culture, ideas etc and consequently more scope for
misunderstandings, OT
> discussions, not entirely relevant to 100$ of the group
discussions, flame
> wars etc.

Yes, very true .. and the numbers get higher so does the likelyhood
of a brush/flame war....

> I don't think you can get back to the happy days of a small
community full

Agreed, a sad but true fact..

Andy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor