OT Wireless woes!

I have just bought my first wireless kit (Buffalo ISDN Airstation
WLAR 128) and a Linksys Wireless PCMCIA card WPC11. Lappy is an IBM
365X (p133 40mb ram)running Win 98SE
The plan is to give SWMBO a laptop to do her college work on that
she can use anywhere in the house.
The Buffalo works brilliantly wired with all machines using the ISDN
connection no problems (it also acts as a DHCP server)
Wireless is another issue alltogether.
I know I am getting some sort of comms between the wireless card and
the access point because in Ad Hoc mode it is possible to get the
link light on the PCMCIA card to stay lit and the data light flashes
AKA a typical hard disk light. (No encryption and both set to the
same channel) However my lappy is not picking up an IP address from
the AP despite trying to re-establish with winipconfig.
I have tried manually setting the IP address but still no
connection.
Any wireless users out there who can offer some help here? Anybody
in the Sussex area prepared to pop over and give us a hand?

Yours
Desperate of East Sussex........

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor