Re: Motion Sensors

> It is indeed 12 volts from a supply(ies) under the stairs i.e. node 0. I
use
> CAT5. It is doubled where necessary because of the current draw but that
is
> only one place. Keep an eye on the current per pair though. I think
> something like 300 ma is the max. Double the pairs and almost double the
> current available. I have 1.2 amp supplies for the rooms where the ring
> runs.

Thanks Ian,

I may stick to just building dc distribution at node 0 for now, as this is
where I have most of the dc gadgets at the moment.
I did see somewhere, can't find them at the moment, some pc blanking plates
with 4(?) dc outlets which you could switch the voltage on and they draw
power from the pc psu. I think a couple of these may solve my node 0 power
problem (currently have a 6 gang outlet, plugged into another 6 gang outlet
to get enough sockets at node 0), though I'll probably need to fit a better
psu.

The one thing I cannot seem to find is a 10v regulated wallwart supply for
my wavefinder. But I guess I could use a 12v supply and use a regulator(?)
to draw down to 10v?

Thanks again,
Tony T

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor