-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bond [mailto:chris@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 August 2002 19:18
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx; ukha_networking@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Rackmountable Cases

Ok im going to bring this topic up again as im about to embark on my
raid5 server project next.

Im looking for rack mountable case probably no more than 4u's max
(preferable around 3u) that can host my mobo and at least 8 hard ide
hard drives.  It also has to be able to cope with at least 3 PCI Netwo= rk
cards, if one or two where 64 bit even better!

The other thing to complicate the matter is if possible I would like the hard drives hot swappable at the front. I know it's possible I've seen
them about.

In true ukha way I don=92t want to spend lots of money on the case the
cheaper the better, but please post anything you think is relevant.  I=
would say =A3300 is my max on rack mountable case as I need memory and
dual athlon MP mobo to go in it to and the hard drives.

Any ideas?  The reason I'm not going down the SCSI route is I plan to<= BR> raid5/6 the drives with stripping so that shouldn=92t be an issue.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or