Re: Firewall/Inet sharing PC help & Advice needed

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Firewall/Inet sharing PC help & Advice needed
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 16:44:23 -0000

Thinking about it, I don't think this solution will work. I'll need
to go for a Windows software router/firewall product. Any
recommendations? Will need to allow a server run run on the local
network and give internet access where necessary. I've heard a bit
about WinRoute - anyone used it?

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:
> The longest bit of the IPCOP set up is probably downloading it :-)

something
> like IPCOP.
> >
> > ICS has the problem that it's very slow (particularly on older
> machines - until you've used a connection shared by something else
> you don't realise how slow.)
> >
> > IPCOP is Linux-based, but it's a "install everything"
> installation, so you don't need to know any Linux to set it up.
> >
> > My concern, however, would be on the drivers needed to run the
> satellite? Is this just an ethernet card that connects? Or
something
> fancy?
> >
> > Mark

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor